Monday, January 12, 2009

Back to School

Ashton and Maddie headed back to school last week after their "winter break", as the schools like to call it. Alex and I weren't sure how Maddie would do because she was out of routine for two weeks. She is a very structured, routine oriented child. She surprised us though and really did well. She actually did great! Ashton always does great, so that was no surprise. He loves all his little friends at school and comes home each day telling us what all the boys do.
Wednesday, I went to pick Maddie up and her teacher says, "Maddie, would you like to tell Mommy what you did today?". My heart sank because she had such a serious look on her face and I was thinking, oh no... what did Maddie do to another child?! I know, I know. Why would I automatically think that... well, because Maddie is used to defending herself with Ashton, so she has no problem in that area. She has a few rambunctous boys in her class, so it wouldn't of surprised me at all. However, I was so wrong. She had gone to the potty at school!!!!!!! We've not been pushing the potty because we wanted her to just be ready on her own. When she asks to go we take her, but we've not really had too many times that she preformed. Well, on Wednesday she went TWICE at school and ONCE again when we got home. I was so excited and thought we might finally get to stop buying diapers. Well, not just yet.... she has only gone one time since. Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope that she gets back in to the swing of things.

No comments: