Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pirates, Pirates and more Pirates

Maddie's class has been studying pirates at school. Mrs. Dawn is a fantastic teacher and loves to do fun things with the kids. For this series, she borrowed a friends blow up pirate ship for their class.I got some great pictuers of the kids coming in to check out their surprise. They were so excited!
I spent a couple of days in their class helping them paint and build them a pirate ship prop. The kids have to help as much as possible and this is what we came up with.
It is open on the back side so that they can go inside and act out their stories. Alex helped with making the anchor for them to throw out and also the boat stirring wheel. I thought it turned out pretty cute and the kids had a lot of fun working on it. I'm so glad I get to be apart of these things. :-)

No comments: