Thursday, May 31, 2012

FUN DAY (aka FIELD DAY)

The last week of school, Ashton and Maddie had their FUN DAY. It was a jammed pack day of fun games and activities. I went back and forth between the kids classes so I could get to see as much of their fun as possible. Ashton was sweet and offered for me to spend the whole day with Maddie since I got to with him last year, but I told him I wanted to see them both.
Maddie enjoyed the bouncy things and was already tired after just that.
Next, they did a relay race in teams. They had to balance a tennis ball on a tennis racket while walking from one line to another and then pass it off to the next person in line. Her team did it the fastest and won. It was cute how excited they got!
This race was basically the same concept except that they had to put the ball on the cone and walk with one hand behind their backs. Her team won this one too. :-)
I went to check out Ashton's class after that race and he was doing the softball throw. He won third place in being able to throw his ball the farthest. It was kind of funny because he was the smallest kid in the finals, but he could throw just as far as them.
Here he is doing a relay race where he had to run to the bat, spin in three circles and run back. It was not an easy task for him. As you can see, he's about to fall over just going around and around. I must say, for as hot as it was, they all did pretty good with it. :-)
Next, both classes decided to get wet and cool off. They had a fire truck there to spray them and also a water slide. Maddie's class didn't get to do the slide, but Ashton's did both. I had a ton of pictures of them in it but I tried to just pick a few.
Here is Ashton and a couple of his friends drying off after they got done. Ashton calls this getting some sun.
And here is Maddie and one of her BFF's, Kalela
After a short break for lunch, Maddie class did some jump roping.
Then, I was off to watch Ashton again....
I don't remember them doing tug of war last year, but Ashton's class did it this year. They divided the class up and let them go at it. Ashton's side lost, but they did their best.
I forget what this was called. They basically just passed the ball back and forth.
Ashton doing the relay over these hurdles. I couldn't believe how quick he did it.We all had a great time and I'm glad I got to be there to share in the fun with them!!

No comments: