Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Home from Vacation

We made it back from vacation in one piece!! Friday we thought we'd just hang around the house and take it easy, but that really didn't happen. Alex took my car to have the tires rotated and balanced, I went to lunch with a girl from my women's bible study, and when I got back, Alex and Ashton left to go do a "boys" outing. They went and played glow golf at Opry Mills. Ashton LOVED it!! He has been talking about it non stop since. It is something the two of them will definitely have to do again. Maddie and I just stayed home and got a few things done. It was nice!

Saturday, I got some much needed rest and Alex took the kids outside and worked in the yard. They had so much fun! The kids love "helping" Daddy. Of course, their "helping" isn't always help. LOL. Sunday, we went to church and then had a couple over for lunch. They are in our small group and she is apart of my women's group on Wednesday nights. It was nice to get to know them better.

Alex had to go back to work yesterday. The kids weren't real thrilled with that. They enjoyed having him home for a week. I tried to keep them busy though to pass the time. We played games and then they watched "Alvin and the Chipmunks" while I worked on some sewing projects. I have had a lot to do lately and I'm super excited about it!

Yesterday afternoon, Alex and the kids spent some time together hanging out while I went to get my hair cut. I've been trying to grow it out for "Locks of Love" again and I've really been struggling. You have to have 8 to 10 inches in order for them to accept your hair. It always seems to take forever to grow it out long enough to cut 8 to 10 inches and still have any length yourself when you are done. I had just enough to cut for "Locks of Love" yesterday, but the catch was that I was going to have VERY short hair. For anyone that has known me for a long time knows that in 6th grade I talked my mom in to letting me have a HORRIBLE hair cut. I was tortured in school for years to follow and therefore have always been terrified of big changes when it came to my hair. Well, yesterday I decided to step WAY out of my norm. I cut 9 inches off my hair and now have the shortest hair cut I've had since I was in 6th grade with that terrible hair cut. It was exciting to know I was doing it for a good cause, but a little scary to see what Alex would say when I got home. I know, I know... some of you are sitting there thinking "it is only hair and it will grow back". Believe me, I know that and that is where I am at now, but it has taken me years to get over that bad hair cut and the torture, criticism and jokes that went along with it. So, stay tuned for a picture of the new hair cut! It is definitely a HUGE change.

2 comments:

Erik Reed said...

Definitely post a picture...we won't laugh too hard :-) What are friends for anyway, but to pick on each other?

Perry family said...

I can always count on good ole' Pastor Erik!!!!