Monday, June 15, 2009

WOW! Time flies when you are having fun!!!

It has been over a week since I've blogged and we've been doing tons of things. The kids and I hit the park several times, they gotten to play outside in the yard a LOT with the weather being nicer, and did a lot of running around.

On Thursday, we went to visit Gee at her house. She has settled in nicely at home and was up and moving around pretty good when we visited. I was very impressed with how well she seemed to be doing. Her bladder hadn't totally regained function, but since the day we were there it has and that is VERY exciting news. We hope that she will only contiue to have more and more positive outcomes and get back continue to get her strength back. Please continue to keep her in your prayers. We all know that God is watching over Gee and will take care of her.
Friday, Ashton, Maddie and I met up with Casey and Addison in Murfreesboro for a little shopping and lunch. Then Casey went to get her hair cut and Addison joined us for some more shopping. The kids really enjoyed getting to visit with Addison and we were glad to get some time with her.
Friday evening, I got to have a mommy's night out and boy was I glad. I met up with some girls from my old bible study and had dinner. We hardly ever get to spend time chatting and catching up, so it was nice to do that. We were having such a good time catching up that before we knew it we had been sitting at the restuarant for almost four hours. WOW!! That was some major catching up! LOL
In the meantime, Alex decided to carry the kids to their first Sounds game. Erik and Kaleb, some friends, went with them and judging from the pictures and the stories I've been told, they all had a really good time. They got to take advantage of some kid activities before the game, watch warm ups and then the game. They also enjoyed a little ice cream out of the little baseball hats like we got when we were kids. Can you believe that they still have those??? Here are a couple of pictures they took while they were there.


Saturday morning, Alex attended a men's breakfast at our church while the kids and I joined a couple of friends for a secret surprise mission for Father's day. I got some super cute pictures, but you'll have to just stay tuned for those on Father's day. I don't want to ruin it just yet. :) We had a good time doing it and I can't wait for Alex to see what they did. They were both super proud of themselves and really put some thought in to it.

No comments: