Wednesday, December 30, 2009

As 2009 Ends

As 2009 comes to a close, I've really been thinking a great deal about what all has happened this year. As I think about it, I realize just how thankful I am for certain things. My family being the one thing I am MOST thankful for!!!
* I realized just how much God is involved in EVERYTHING and how much I am thankful for that.
* I am certainly thankful for having great friends to lean on regardless of the time of night or morning! I will forever be grateful to you!!!
* I'm thankful that I am able to stay home with my children and not leave them in day care each day for someone else to share in some of their most exciting moments. Thanks Alex for making that possible!!
* I have learned just how important reading my bible is to getting me through some difficult decisions. It seems like God always knows what I need to hear through whatever I am reading.
* I see just how fragile life is and how hard it can be to let go of those that you love.
* Women's Group: WOW! What can I say? I love this group and it has made a bigger impact on my life than anyone can understand! Thanks girls!!!!
* I am grateful to my sister (and BB too) for watching Ashton and Maddie for us while we took a much needed trip all alone!! We will owe you for a long time!
* I learned just how important it is to trust in God and allow him to guide you along life's paths.
* I have witnessed more of God's little miracles this year than I've ever noticed in the past and all I can say is God Is So Good!!!
I could probably go on forever, but those are just a few of the things that come to mind as I think about what all has happened over the course of 2009. I'm really looking forward to all the positive things happening around us and can't wait to do this again next year!
I wish you all a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Alex said...

This has been the worst year and the best year of my life so far. I can not tell you how much fun we have had on our "date nights" and our vacation to paradise! I look forward to 2010 and see how much fun we can have! I am ready for a vacation again soon, San Fran maybe for a weekend?? You hit the nail on the head, we have had several things happen this year, but with God and each other we can get through anything. Love you babe!!

Misty Severs said...

How sweet is Alex!?? I'm proud of you for this list - this is something I need to sit down and do.

On a separate note- if/when band practice moves to Wednesday I might be able to do Womens Group - I miss it....