Monday, December 28, 2009

I'm taking the CHALLENGE!

A few days before Christmas, my dad asked me if I'd do the 1/2 marathon with him in April. I laughed and he kind of smiled and that was the end of it. However, I left there really thinking about it. I prayed about it and then decided that I could do it. When I told Alex, I expected him to laugh because quite honestly..... I'm NOT the exercising kind of gal. I don't enjoy it, I don't like to sweat and frankly I can find better things to do. However, I shouldn't be like that. God gave me this body and I should take better care of it than I do.
So, I'm speaking it here.... in 2010 I'm going to participate in the Music City 1/2 Marathon with my dad and hopefully Alex too. (Anyone want to watch the kids????) So, please keep me in your prayers because this will be a big endeavour for me. I happy to say that I have gotten a good start so far. I've ran/walked three days in a row, not had any dr. pepper in more than 2 days and Alex and I are both working on eating more healthy. :) Let's hope that I can keep it up!!!!

5 comments:

Leann said...

You can do it! I thought the same thing when I decided to do it last year but I did it. I'm so proud!!

Perry family said...

Thanks Leann! My sister has been saying the same thing. She did a full marathon with my dad about 5 years ago at Disney. I know that if I set my mind to it then I will be able to do it. Alex keeps telling me that I have to adopt the work "discpline" into my vocabulary and I'll be able to do it. :)

Tiffany said...

I am so proud of you! I am thinking of trying it again this year too in an effort to get fit again post baby. Let me know if you want to walk or run one day outside and we will do it! You will feel such a sense of accomplishment!

Molly Mac Neil said...

Courtney, I have such Faith in you. I look at all you accomplish, and all you give others of yourself, and I know that you must have a lot of will power, whether you realize it or not! While I will be on the side-lines of the marathon, working with the medical staff, I will be cheering you on! And while I start my weight loss journey (attempting to lose 70lbs by next Christmas)I will keep you and your strength in mind!

Perry family said...

Tiffany that sounds good. I did a couple of mornings outside, but the past two days I've just hit the treadmill. I would love to run with someone else though. We'll just need to make it a plan.

Molly, thank you so much for the kind thoughts! You are such a sweet heart and have just given me even more drive than you know!! I am also attempting to loose weight. My goal is 20 pounds before April when we do the 1/2 marathon. It is such a mental challenge. So far, I'm doing okay with it. I just hope that I can keep it up! We'll have to compare notes and be accountability partners! :)