Saturday, March 12, 2011

"I like God!"


Ashton has been doing a "book" as he calls it. This all started because at school they have a writers notebook and they draw pictures and then write what it is. It encourages them to spell out words as they sound. He doesn't usually get them all correct, but he's getting better and better. Lately, he's been wanting to do the same thing at home but he does it all on individual sheets of paper and has told us he's making a book.
Last night, he brought down a stack of ones he'd done and wanted us to look at them. Typically what we do is look at them and then write under what he has the correct spelling (like Mrs. Dawn does at school). This was one of the ones he did last night. We were so proud of him!!! He spelled it all correctly and Alex thought it was cute that he had done God's body as a cross. I asked him this morning if he just "liked" God and he said, "Well, I really love God, but I know how to spell like so I just put that." LOL We are going to have some of the cutest little "books" to hold onto and share with him when he gets older. I can't wait!!!

No comments: