Thursday, January 26, 2012

100th Day of School

Tuesday was the 100th day of school. I was lucky enough to be helping at school that day and got to participate in some of the activities they had planned. Maddie's class made crowns that included 100 stickers.

Here she is wearing hers and then her class all wearing theirs.




Then we headed out to the lobby for a 1-0-0 picture. Maddie told me the girls were smashed between the boys.


After I finished helping with the kindergarteners, I went to Ashton's class to help them with counting out their 100 items to make a big batch of "trail mix". The kids got to nibble on it all afternoon and it was a big mixture of things. I actually thought it looked pretty gross myself, but the kids seemed to enjoy it. :-)


Caroline is one of the little girls in Ashton's class. I have spent a lot of time "tutoring" her and she is such a sweet little girl. She told her mom she wanted to be a little different with her items and not just bring them in. She told her mom she wanted to attach them to a big piece of paper instead. She stapled 100 suckers to this strip of paper which we then wrapped around her. It was cute and creative! I'm glad I got to help out. The kids had a lot of fun with all the festivities.

No comments: