Friday, May 1, 2009

Chicago

Alex and I are having a great time in Chicago. I'm taking a break from running the streets while Alex has to work a three hour block. So, I figured while I was sitting here I could do a quick blog and post a few pictures.
On Wednesday, when Alex and I got settled, we decided to take a double decker bus tour of the city. It was much colder atop that bus than I think either of us expected.
It was so cold for me that I went that night and bought a scarf because I was just not prepared at all for the temperatures! LOL.
The tour was great. We got to see a big portion of the city and find out some "factoids" as Alex likes to call them. Here are a couple of shots that we got from the tour.

Soldier Field

Navy Pier

Shot of the street from downtown.


Thursday, Alex had his biggest block of time to work and so I hit Michigan Ave for some major shopping. It was raining pretty hard off and on, so I kind of bounced between shops and a mall in order to try and stay as dry as I could. When I got done hitting the shops, I decided to hop on a trolley and take a ride around the city. I had a FANTASTIC tour guide and really learned a lot about the city.

After Alex got done working, we went to have some dinner and then went to check out the Hancock Observatory. I believe it is 94 floors tall and has a great view of the city. It was night time when we went and Alex got a great shot of the city all lite up.

Today, we slept in and then went to the Sears Tower. It is over 100 floors high, but we were only allowed to go to the 97th floor due to maintenance. It is just unbelievable to see a view of the city from that high. These buildings are all so tall you can't even see streets in a lot of areas. It was so amazing to me. Here are a couple of pictures we took while we were up at the Sears Tower.

Here is Alex putting the choke hold on Obama in the gift shop!

It was kind of funny because most people were getting their pictures made either standing next to him or even hugging him. Not my husband, he had to put the choke hold on Obama. It was hilarious to watch the people walking by laughing at him.

Well, that is all for now. I'm sure I'll have more to tell later. Have a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

Craig Sanford said...

The Obama things is too funny!! I love Chicago I know yall enjoyed being there!!