Friday, October 21, 2011

Cancun

Thursday we woke up to dark skies. We were a little bummed since it was our last day on land. We had plans to rent a car for our day in Cancun but we still didn't want it to be raining the whole time. :(

As we were getting off the boat, everyone was buying ponchos to try and stay dry. It was extremely crowded because two Carnival boats had come to port at the same time. WOW!

Once we got a car, we just started driving the island checking everything out. This was a guy with a roadside market. I got this picture as we drove by. I love the big grin on his face!

This is where we had lunch. I tried not to look around too much because it kind of grossed me out, but I have to admit the food was probably the best I've ever had. I was a little nervous but pleasantly suprised. :-)

The kids loved that we got a jeep and they had no booster seats!

Luckily, the rain eased up and we got to go to the market area and walk around some. The kids didn't exactly love the walking but it was a nice break.

Ashton did like getting his picture made with the policeman in front of one of the shops though. Maddie, however, was slightly scared. :(

Here are just a few fun pictures we got right before we got back on the boat. We had a little snack at the mexican restaurant at the port and the kids got some cute balloon hats made.
Ashton with his pirate hate and sword. Maddie with her flower.


When we got back on the boat, the kids went to Camp Carnival for just a little bit while Alex took a nap and I got ready for our last formal night dinner. Maddie enjoyed the face painting they did. I'm not sure about the angel here, but it was cute!

I'm not exactly sure what this one was.

No comments: