Monday, August 31, 2009

Turks & Caicos

Alex & I got away on a post-anniversary trip last week. Alex planned us a getaway to Turks & Caicos. It was absolutely gorgeous. The water was as clear as can be and so calm. We had a great time. We went on a snorkeling trip, did some sailing, kayaking, rented a car and explored the entire island, relaxed and did a ton of sun bathing. It was amazing!!! We took a million pictures and it is going to be hard not to show them all, but I'll try to just put a few.

Alex & I went sailing one day and I'll have to admit that I wasn't real sure about it, but agreed to go. It was really cool and I'm glad I tried it. Alex decided to go out a few days later all by himself, so I was able to get some pictures. After he got back I did some floating in the ocean on a float. It was unbelievable being able to float around in the ocean like you were in a pool. :) The other pictures are of us holding a star fish that Alex found while he was snorkeling with some other guys right off the beach where we were staying. It was neat because I've never touched one and didn't realize how prickely they were.


On Tuesday, we took a snorkeling trip. The boat picked us up on the beach in front of our resort. As we were loading up, JoJo the dolphin swam up to check on us. It was really cool. JoJo is one of the few dolphins that will come up and swim and interact with people. It was exciting that he came right up to see us.

This is a picture of us at our stop at Iguana Island before we went to the first sight that we did our snorkeling. After we got done snorkeling at the first stop, the guys carried us to another spot where we had to dive for conch (pronounced KONK, like honk with a k). It was cool. I didn't really know anything about conch and learned a lot. Once we got enough conch for lunch, they loaded us all back on the boat and carried us to this island.


It was absolutely amazing. We all got off the boat and swam around while the conch meat was being removed from the shells for them to make lunch with it.

Here is Alex standing right above "The Hole". It was a tourist place that we went. I can't remember the history of it, but I'm sure Alex does. LOL

Our last night on the island after we finished dinner!

No comments: