Saturday, January 16, 2010

Forging Ahead

As most of you know, I took the challenge to do the Music City 1/2 Marathon with my Dad in April. I took him seriously when he said I'd need to get started on my training. I'm not really following any kind of training schedule, but I am going to look in to one to make sure I'm on track. I've currently turned my "norm" upside down and that itself has been an undertaking for me.
So far...
  1. I've stopped drinking dr. pepper, which anyone that knows me well, knows that was a HUGE thing for me all in itself.
  2. I'm drinking purely water (trying for 65% of my body weight in ounces each day) and some occassional green tea.
  3. I've started eating MUCH, MUCH more healthy and dropped most all junk food.
  4. I've been doing cardio 6 days a week. Since December 26th, I've gone roughly 42 1/2 miles!!!! I'm super excited.

I would love to see more of a change in my body, but I'm feeling really good so far and I'm excited about it. I did my first "long" walk/run on Thursday and I managed to go 5 miles in just 63 minutes! I was extremely thrilled with that. I wanted to do it in just an hour, but went over 3 minutes (which I can totally live with.) :-)

I appreciate all the encouragement and support I've been getting from my friends and family and I hope to be able to finish with a pretty good time. I'll keep you posted!!



42 1/2 miles

1 comment:

Alex said...

Your doing a great job, I am so proud of you!