Monday, September 12, 2011

Ashton's Painting

A couple of weeks ago, Ashton and Maddie spent the night with Alex's mom. Grammy lets the kids paint some when they are there to visit. I couldn't help but share Ashton's painting. I thought it was adorable.

I asked him what it was (not that I didn't already know, but I wanted to see what his explanation would be). He said, "well its Jesus on the cross" in a real matter of fact way, almost to say, Duh Mom. LOL Alex then asked him what was all over him (later he admitted to me it looked a little like a clown with the bright red nose). Ashton responded with, "Dad its the blood running all down him from where he's hanging on the cross." Again, looking at us as if we're supposed to know this stuff without asking. :)

It makes me feel like we're doing something right if our child is given a blank canvas, to draw/paint whatever he wants, and he CHOOSES to draw Jesus on the cross and not something else. I love that kid and can't wait to see what God has in store for him!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love it! And yes - you and Alex are doing lots of somethings right. How fun to see the fruits of that through the drawings and prayers of your kids!