Friday, April 18, 2008

Fun for all!!

Thursday the kids and I spent the morning playing around the house. We built "towers" out of legos, played hockey and dolls. Of course, Maddie tends to play with more of Ashton's toys then her own. After some lunch and naps, Maddie and I, along with our new shopping pal, Katrina, went and did a little shopping at the outlet mall. Boy, was that nice!! I've not done a lot of shopping lately and could definitely use some more time to do that. LOL Alex and Ashton, on the other hand, had some "male bonding time". They met up with Erik and Kaleb (our pastor and his son, whom Ashton will quickly tell you is his best friend) in Mount Juliet for a little go cart riding and hitting golf balls around. They seemed to really enjoy that.

Tonight, the Kimbro's, the Jones' and the Reed's all joined us for a cookout. The kids all got to play in the bouncy thing, ride bikes, tractors & scooters, as well as run around in the backyard UNTIL the rain came. Then we moved it in to the garage for a bit. Meanwhile, the Dads hung out in the garage watching the Preds game and the Mom's stayed inside chatting. It was nice to just sit around with friends and relax. I wish we could do it more often!!

Hope you all have a great weekend! I'm not sure yet what we've (the kids and I) got planned. Alex is going to the Ignite Conference at New Hope Baptist tomorrow, which I'm sure he'll enjoy. I can't wait to hear all about it. I'm a little bummed that I won't get to join him. :( Maybe next time.

No comments: