Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Journey

Last November, I had a booth in the West Elementary School's Fall Festival for Maddie Moo's Boutique. I was surrounded by great booths, but the one across from me was the one that made the biggest impact on me. It was a booth for The Journey. I got to know a few of the people from The Journey that day and thought it'd be a great place for Alex, the kids and I to try. I'd been wanting to get our family back in church for a while, but it just wasn't happening for us. There was always an excuse and we never went. I went home that afternoon excited about what I had learned and couldn't wait to tell Alex all about it. I wanted us to give it a try! I was impressed with how friendly these people were and how comfortable they made me feel. Alex listened to what I had to say, but just didn't seem real interested in going. Over the next few months, I mentioned to him the prospect of us going, but we never did.


Finally, after months of it tugging at my heart for us to try this church atleast once, I decided that I was going to take the kids and if Alex wanted to join us GREAT, if not, we'd go alone. I wanted to go. I knew we needed to go. And we (the kids and I) were going! Alex decided to go with us and I have to admit, it was unlike any church we'd ever been to. Alex and I were not used to a live band or the casual dress at church before. Erik Reed, the pastor of the Journey, does a great job delivering the message. I've never felt so connected to God during a worship service like I do every Sunday at The Journey. It is an amazing experience!!


We've been attending The Journey since the end of January and WE LOVE IT!!!! I think we all look forward to Sunday each week because we enjoy it so much! The kids are constantly asking if today is "church day". We've made a lot of new friends and we're getting involved in activities at the church. It is a great place! I'd STRONGLY encourage anyone looking for a new place to go or just a place to go period to give The Journey a try. It has truly changed our family's lives!! It has brought Alex and I closer together as well as made our family stronger as a whole.

If you want to come check it out, we meet on Sunday mornings at 10am at West Elementary school in Mt Juliet. We'd love for you all to join us!

4 comments:

John G said...

That is awesome Courtney/Alex! You guys are such a huge asset not only to The Journey but the kingdom of God. You have invited so many new people-keep it up! May God truly bless you this week!

John G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erik Reed said...

Do you mind if I share this post on my blog tomorrow? I think it is an encouraging story of what God is doing.

robbie cheuvront said...

Hey! I'm so glad you guys are part of our family. It's so encouraging to hear how God is moving in your lives. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys grow spiritually with us! Love y'all. Many Blessings!