Monday, August 18, 2008

A lot has happened in the last few days!

It seems like forever since I've had the opportunity to sit down, in quiet, and update our blog. So, be prepared, this is going to be a long one!
Friday, we had our small group at the Cheuvront's house. This one was probably one of the best talks we've had (my opinion, of course). It seemed to really hit a few cords with me and I usually keep pretty quiet at these things. Not this time!! I might have talked just as much as Jeff Bode and anyone that knows Jeff knows that is pretty hard to do. LOL. Alex missed out on the fun because he decided to go to the Titan's game instead.
Saturday, Alex, the kids and I went out for lunch just the four of us. It was nice because we don't really do much JUST the four of us. We love having people over & sometimes forget that we can have a good time alone!! After lunch, we hit the grocery.... FUN STUFF!!
Saturday evening, the Burton's, a family from church, came over to hang out and have dinner. It was a lot of fun! We haven't really gotten to do anything with them outside of church and had been wanting to. It was nice for Maddie especially because she isn't used to getting to play with many girls her age. Briley is just about 6 months older than Maddie and they had a really good time playing with purses and cell phones. Of couse, Ashton and Tyler enjoyed running around outside too. It was a fun night that ended with a big game of cards and a lot of laughs! Can't wait to do it again!!
Sunday.... what can I say? The Journey is always rocking and this week was no exception!! I started attending a new class this week. Let me just say that it was just the right thing at the right time for me. It really helped me to realize that a lot of things I'd been feeling lately, yet trying to suppress, were real and important. A while back, Erik did a sermon on Religion vs. Relationship. It was a sermon that really hit Alex and I both because we could really relate to what he was saying. Our last church was more about religion than relationship. Since that sermon, I've really been wrestling with whether or not I had been baptized for religion or relationship. I have no doubt about my salvation; just about my baptism. The more I thought about it and talked it over in my class on Sunday morning, the more I felt like I had done it more for "religion" than for relationship. I knew in that moment, talking with Sandy, that I was ready to do it for "relationship". I went forward and was re-baptized. I truly feel like this time was right and I'm blessed!!
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Courtney, just wanted you to know Shawn and I are so excited for you. You described your reason for baptism perfectly. I felt the same way when I got re-baptized. God is definitely working in Alex and your lives. This is just the beginning.

Much love!