Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lots of fun and Big Goals

Yesterday, the kids went for their 2nd day of school. It went just as well as the first. I'm super excited. It makes it so much easier to leave them when you know they are happy and having fun. With that said, I took off to do some returns and shopping. It was SO weird to be all alone shopping. It has been a VERY long time since I shopped ALL alone. I got a ton of stuff done. It was nice! Next I stopped for some lunch with my dad and a friend. It was a pleasant break and a good chance to catch up with my dad. We've not done much lately with everyone's busy schedules. Then it was about time to head back and pick the kids up.

Our afternoon was hectic but fun. The kids played with Kaleb and Katrina and I baked muffins and bread for church. We whipped it out like pros. It was a batter, after batter, after batter. The kitchen was full. It was nice to have some help getting it done much faster. We managed to get a couple of weeks worth made, wrapped up and in the freezer. YEAH!! Thanks Katrina, you were a HUGE help!!! Not to mention, you came up with an excellent time saving idea. LOL

Today, the kids and I got up and took off for a morning stroll. I'm kind of on a mission to loose a certain amount of weight between now and my birthday next month. I can't beleive I'm voicing this on my blog because that means I really have to succeed or EVERYONE will know. LOL. On a more serious note, I typically am not up for much exercise. I can watch what I eat and loose weight IF I stick to it. But this time is a little different. I read something yesterday that really spoke to me. It made me realize that I HAD to do it. There was no excuse and no reason NOT to. Yes, I know that isn't much time for big goals, but I know that with some major work and a lot of prayer, I CAN & WILL do it!! I'll keep ya posted!

No comments: