Friday, November 28, 2008

Being Thankful

For those of you that don't already know, we've had a lot of things going on around us lately. Alex's grandmother, Gee, was diagnosed a few weeks ago with having a tumor. Upon further testing, it was determined that it is cancer. Because of the location of the tumor, it can not be removed. Alex has always been very close to "his" Gee, as he frequently calls her, so the news has been particularly difficult for him. It is very disheartening to learn that someone you love and care so much about is sick. However, Gee has been to several appointments with her doctors and has also gotten more than one opinion. So far, she has gotten pretty good reports. She will have to take a chemo pill, but the pill she will be given will not cause her to lose her hair or become nauseated, which is great! Her doctor has assured her and the family that her condition is treatable and she has had many patients do well with treatment. We are all very optimistic, but realize that she will need our love, support, prayers, and help to get through this. If you would all please pray for Gee and our family, we would greatly appreciate it!!
With all that has been going on in our life, as well as so many people around us, it has made me realize all that I have that I should be thankful for. I want to take a minute to tell you just a few of those things.
1. I'm thankful for a God that loves me unconditionally.
2. I'm thankful for a husband that goes to work every day so that I can stay home with my two children. (I love you Alex!!!)
3. I'm thankful for the daily hugs and kisses I get from Ashton and Maddie.
4. I'm thankful for a sister that is always there to encourage me, support me, cry with me, listen to me or help me in any way I might need whether I ask for it or not.
5. I'm thankful for my parents, my brothers, my sister, my sister-in-law, my two neices and my nephew.
6. I'm thankful for Alex's family and how they love me as though I've been apart of their family forever. (Of course, it feels like it has been forever, right Alex?!)
7. I'm thankful for my friends, both old and new. You have been so supportive of me. I could never thank you enough. I'm very blessed to have you in my life!!!!
8. I'm thankful for the gifts and talents that God has blessed me with.
9. I'm thankful for The Journey and how it has become such a big part of my life as well as my families' lives.
10. I'm thankful for my health and the health of my husband and children.
11. I'm thankful for my country and the freedoms that I have.
12. I'm thankful for Dr Pepper, hot showers, flat irons, Tuesday/Wednesday School, shopping, AIM, text messaging, and email.... without some of these things... I'd be lost or at least think I would. LOL
I encourage you all to take a minute to think about just some of the things you are thankful for. Once you get started, it will be very difficult to stop. I think I could've listed a million things, but figured I better stop.
I hope you all had a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: