Monday, November 3, 2008

A night by the fire

Last night, we had a couple of friends over to have a hot dog & marshmellow roast. It turned out to be a lot of fun. We did a lot of laughing and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. We roasted our hot dogs and then made chili dogs out of them! I've not had a chili dog in a while and I have to say, they were pretty good!

These three really didn't care much about eating, they just wanted to keep cooking!

Here is Alex and Maddie having them a little conversation. They look so sweet staring at each other!!
Shortly after their conversation, the night took a turn you might say.... I went inside and come back out to a conversation about some kind of contest. Next thing I know, Alex and Erik are having a contest to see who can get the most marshmellows in their mouths and still be able to say some phrase. Well, Erik didn't make it too long before he almost threw his up. Alex kept going. These are a couple of pictures of the two of them. The rest of the group laughed so hard watching I'm surprised Alex didn't get choked himself.
I can't remember for sure but I think Alex ended up with 12 or 15 LARGE marshmellows in his mouth. It so was gross!!!
The night ended up with all the kids asleep and the adults sitting down to play some cards. I have to say it turned out to be a great night!! Especially becuase I BEAT Erik Reed really bad! I think his score was about 3 times as high as mine. WOW! For anyone that knows Erik, knows that he isn't too happy and he is out for pay back!

3 comments:

robbie cheuvront said...

chubby bunny! it's the phrase that they were trying to say. It's a fun game. we've actually played it at a journey event. don raffield won!

Perry family said...

That is it Robbie! Thanks!!! Yes, Erik and Katrina said that Don was good! I think there needs to be a match between Alex and Don... maybe on the 16th at the celebration super. What do you think?

Erik Reed said...

I got beat at both games that night...I'm still trying to get my self-esteem back up.