Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I've been on a cleaning spree, so I've neglected to post in the last several days. Saturday the kids and I decided to give Alex as much alone time as we could. We did the grocery store run and then after naps we went to our friend Morgan's birthday party. It was a fun afternoon! I even got to enjoy a Girls Night Out with some other girls from The Journey. We had a great time.!! Thanks Alex for staying home with the kids.

Sunday, the entire family went to church early (and I mean early) in order to help get things ready for service. We helped set up the chairs, the coffee bar and anything else that we were asked to do. It was nice to see how things are put together and feel like you helped to get it there. After service, we helped with taking it back down and then headed to the house. Alex had an afternoon hockey practice and I spent more time cleaning while the kids napped. All and all it was a productive Sunday afternoon at home!!

Yesterday, Maddie had an appointment for some allergy testing. It was not something that Alex or I were looking forward to, but knew that she needed it done. We learned a few months ago that when she ate Honey Nut Cheerios, she had a break out around her mouth which I knew was a sign of food allergy. I avoided them and moved on. More recently, I learned that she couldn't have a bite of peanut butter granola bar without the same reaction. With Ashton running around loving peanut sandwiches and peanuts by the handful, we decided it probably was a good idea to have her checked out to be on the safe side. We didn't want to take too big of a chance in Ashton giving her something she didn't need to eat OR her helping herself to something in the pantry on her own since she LOVES to hang out in the pantry!!!!!!!!

The tests proved to be negative for all 28 things they tested her for, BUT the doctor isn't totally sure that her acid reflux medication couldn't be interferring with the results. So, to be safe we have to avoid all nut items until she has a round of bloodwork to completely rule out the peanut allergy. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it comes back negative again!!

Hope everyone has a good week!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I hope the test results are negative. If for some reason they turn out different let me know I have lots of info on that subject. We deal with peanut plus about 6 more allergies.

I'll pray for good results.