Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Last year, Alex and I had a small little Christmas party with some of the people he works with. It was nice and we all had a great time. This year when we started talking about doing it again, we decided to make it a variety of people and not just people he worked with. We started on the guest list and it just kept growing and growing. I finally had to pull the plug because I wasn't sure how many more we could get in our house at once. LOL

Everything went really well and everyone seemed to have a good time. I was excited!! I planned on some little goodies for the kids to do, but they got so distracted with playing that we never even did them. Ashton and Maddie asked "are we having another party today?" on Monday morning. I laughed and said, not today....

Tuesday, I took the kids to school and headed to Mt Juliet to meet up with a few girls for some shopping. I have gotten really behind on my Christmas shopping this year and I'm usually much better than this. I've just been super busy with sewing that I've managed to keep putting off shopping. Plus, Alex's parents and us adopt a family together every year and I was so focused on getting their stuff together and back to the family early that I haven't done much of my own shopping. Yesterday, I managed to finish up what we lacked for the adopted family. I also picked up a few more items yesterday that finished a couple of people, but still have more to do. Today, I plan to get back out there while the kids are at school again and see how much more I can finish up. I am determined to get some stuff done because our Christmas with my family starts this weekend. I've gotta get busy.....

Have a great rest of the week!!

No comments: