Saturday, December 6, 2008

This Week's Wrap Up....

I've been really bad about keeping up with my blog the last few weeks. I really should do it more because when I sit down, like now, I've got so many things I could tell you about but don't want you to be reading for an hour. So, just to hit a few high lights for the week.

First, the kids and I got up one more and spent about an hour or so making sugar Christmas cookies. They had so much fun. After we were done, I started thinking and I didn't take a single picture!!! What was I thinking?! I missed a super cute opportunity.

Thursday night, Alex and Ashton had some "boy" time and they went to the Predators game with a friend of Alex's, Gomer. Ashton had a great time. Right before they left for the game, he told me that he was going to have popcorn. Alex told him probably not because he didn't have any money. So, I took Ashton in the other room and got him a $5 bill and told him to put it in his pocket and he could buy his own popcorn. He immediately asked me where was the rest and where were his coins. He prefers coins over bills anytime! WOW, what it would be like to be young again and think "coins" are better than bills.....

Yesterday, the kids and I got up and out of the house early for some errands and a little Christmas shopping. Boy was it cold!! The kids were both ready to go home in just about half an hour, so needless to say, we didn't accomplish a whole lot. :( This is probably the first year ever that I've been so behind on my shopping. I'm typically done by this point.

Las night, Alex and I had a MUCH needed date night. With life and hectic schedules, we've not had a date night in a while. We went to the 107.5 The River, Acoustic Christmas concert. We've been three years in a row now. Last night, it was downtown at the War Memorial building. I didn't think we'd ever make it with the traffic. Nashville was having their Christmas parade and there was also a Christmas run. It was a total mess. We finally found a parking spot, got in the super long line and waited to get inside. It was so cold and it seemed like forever before we made it to the doors. Once inside we quickly found a seat. The concert was pretty good. There were a couple of acts that were "interesting" to say the least, but overall it was a great night out.

No comments: