Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Monday.....

Monday, Ashton decided he was going to eat lunch at school instead of me packing one. However, once he got to school and realized it wasn't exactly something he liked..... Mommy could bring him something. So, of course, Maddie and I went to eat with him. He wanted to sit outside on the picnic tables this time. It was a nice day, so I said sure.

Ashton and Maddie

While we were at lunch, Ashton told me he'd finished up his book he's been writing and he'd be reading it to his class when they returned from lunch. He asked if I'd stay and watch, so I did. I got this picture of him sitting in the author's chair beginning his book. He looked so cute and big there reading what he'd written, which was all about baseball.


Maddie has gymnastics on Monday afternoons and whenever possible Ashton stays home with Alex because he doesn't enjoy sitting there watching her with me. Well, this Monday was a little more interesting then most. As you can see, Ashton and Alex were working in the yard and found a turtle.Ashton thought it was the coolest thing ever.

It wasn't exactly the smallest thing either. Alex was attempting to pick it up and quickly discovered it was a snapping turtle. It actually did a jump when he tried to pick it up. The kids thought that was the funniest thing ever. They tortured the poor guy until it left all together and went across the street. Before it was gone, Alex got one more picture to show just how big it was.


No comments: