Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Day gift from Ashton

Thursday afternoon when I picked Ashton up from school, he quickly got in the car and flashed a big white gift bag at me. He had colored mainly red hearts all over it and it read "Happy Mothers Day". He was so proud of it and I have to say his hearts looked pretty good! As we were pulling out of school, he is dying for me to open the gift. I told him that we'd have to wait until we got home OR we could even wait until Sunday when it was actually Mother's Day. He said no, he wanted me to open it when I got home. Once we got home, got a snack and settled, he brought it over and I began to open my surprise. He had drawn a picture of me (which was supposed to have been me that very day with a blue dress on and all) and I absolutely loved it, purple lipstick and all!!! LOL He had a cute little poem with chocolates attached, a purple petunia and the "My Mom is Special!" paper you see posted above. I love these things. Alex and I still occassionally talk about ones I've gotten in the past and I will cherish them forever!! This one is just as cute as all the rest. In case you can't read it in the picture, I'll tell you what it says and post Ashton's added portion in italics and underlined so you'll know. :-)






My Mom is SPECIAL!




My mom is the most wonderful mom in the whole world!
She is as pretty as a flower.


She weighs 60 lbs and is 7 feet tall.


She has green & blue eyes and brown hair.


Her favorite food is salad.


I think my mom looks funny when she giggles a lot.


I know she is really angry when I am in trouble.


I wish my mom would cook every day.


My mom has a pretty smile! I like to make her smile by making funny faces.


My mom is smart! She even knows how to open cans.


I wouldn't trade my mom for a dog.


by: Ashton






I do have some serious questions for this child after reading this!!!


I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day!!!! :-)

No comments: