Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bible Camp

Last week, the kids went to bible camp at Gladeville Baptist church. They have gone there every summer for the last three years now and had a great time. They even ask randomly throughout the year when its going to be time for camp again. :-) They do the same basic deal each year with a theme for each day and this year was no exception. I asked each of the kids what their favorite part of the week was and then what was one thing they learned. I thought I'd share their responses exactly how they told them to me.


Ashton: His favorite thing was going thru the water tent on bike day. He said he also liked water day too. As for what he learned, this is what he said..... "Jesus traveled from Jerusalem and saw all his cousins and even strangers. You know they followed him everywhere."


Maddie: Her favorite thing was also water and bike day. She said she "learned new songs at camp to teach to Sarah."


Even though it wasn't really their responses to me when I asked before typing this up, the kids learned a lot of things last week. Each day they had some type of skit and the workers there really made it very interactive for them when it came to the teaching portion of the day. On the way home each day, they filled me in on all the things they had learned. It amazes me how much more Ashton and Maddie both picked up on in that type of environment as opposed to just reading to them out of their bibles at home. Maybe Alex and I need to start putting on shows acting out the stories instead of just reading them. Boy, wouldn't that be a sight!! LOL

No comments: