Sunday, July 24, 2011

TEN YEARS!!!!!

July 21st was our 10 year anniversary! We celebrated by going to Jimmy Kelly's with the kids for dinner. Alex took me to Jimmy Kelly's after he proposed 11 years ago and we've gone back many times since. The kids have been themselves and Ashton LOVES their corn cakes, so Alex thought it would be sweet to take them with us. When we got home, we all piled up in our room and watched our wedding video, which the kids have never seen. It was neat to hear what all they had to say. :-)

Saturday night, we went to Centennial Park and renewed our wedding vows with the kids at our side. It was just us, our good friend and pastor, Erik and his wife, Katrina and their kids, Kaleb and Kaleigh. Erik prayed for us, read some scripture and we said our vows. On the way there, the kids asked if they could give us rings like in our video, so we let them do that. It was cute!

Maddie was probably a tad bit more excited that Ashton about the whole thing. I asked Maddie if she wanted to wear the necklace and ear rings I wore on my wedding day and she got a big grin on her face. She has been wanting to wear ear rings that dangle and we've told her she was still too little. However, for this special occassion she could wear them. She couldn't wait and wanted them on instantly. I painted her fingernails and toenails and we sat in the bathroom and chatted while I fixed my hair. When it came time to do hers, she asked if she could wear it up like I had on my wedding day, so I said yes and did it up for her. (Not exactly how I had mine, but she was thrilled!)


Ashton has a ring that Alex's Geega had done for him when he was little and Alex has passed it on to him. He never has gotten to wear it because it wouldn't fit and so we let him get it out and wear it for something special. He was stoked!


After we renewed our vows, we went to dinner with the Reeds and then we headed home to hang out with the kids. It was a great evening and I'm looking forward to seeing what the next ten years has in store for us and our family!!!

No comments: