Saturday, July 19, 2008

Awesome Anniversary!!!!


Alex and I went on our first overnight date without kids last night. I planned for my sister and her family to come stay with the kids, but Alex made all the arrangements for our outing itself. WOW!! He did an awesome job!

We stayed at the Lowes Vanderbilt Hotel. When we got inside, I waited to the side of the lobby and Alex went to check us in. He was STILL being super secretive about what was going on. We got in the elevator and he informs me we're VIP. I laughed. Little did I know, he was serious. We got to the ninth floor and we head to the room. As we walked up, I see that it is a suite. I was thinking... "oh, how nice." Then we opened the door, we were both blown away. This suite was absolutely amazing!! It is huge too. I can't even begin to tell you how fabulous it was. There was even a bouquet of flowers in the bedroom that looked almost identical to the one I had at our wedding!!!
We sit down on the couch and turn the tv on. It was so quiet and relaxing. Then the phone rings and I instantly got very nervous. I knew he was up to something and I had no clue what. It was driving me crazy. A few minutes later, there is a knock on the door. A lady walks in and suddenly I'm getting a one hour massage in our suite. WOW!!! I was super duper excited! I have a gift certificate for a massage from Christmas I've still not had an opportunity to use and I had just said I'd like to try and use it this past week, but it didn't work out. I was thrilled to be getting a massage!!!
After the massage, I took a quick shower and got ready for dinner. Alex came home a few days ago with a cute black dress that he bought for me to wear because he said I needed to dress up. He had made reservations at the same restaurant that we went to for prom and also the night we got engaged. We even sat upstairs at the same table we sat at 8 years ago. It was so sweet! He really did good with our nights plans. We had a wonderful time and I couldn't have asked for anything more! He will definitely get the Husband of the Year Award!!!!!!

No comments: