Thursday, July 3, 2008

"The GIRLS" in the Shop

Last night after bible study, two of the girls decided to stay around and hang out with me for a while. Alex is out of town and so I'm on my own. We sat down at the table with some dessert and popcorn and laughed hysterically about everything imaginable. It was a good time! We jumped from subject to subject, but laughed the whole time.

Some time after ten o'clock, I talked Tiffany and Katrina in to going out to the garage and "the girls" breaking out some tools. As some of you already know, I'm in the process of redecorating Maddie's room. I've decided to go with a little bit of a princess theme. In doing so, I've also decided that I'm going to make, yes I said, I'm going to make, a headboard myself. We're going to move her from her crib to a twin bed. I've found several I like online, but not willing to spend that much money on a headboard. It looks like it would be so easy. I CAN do this!! How hard can it be???

Well, Tuesday afternoon I got the castle drawn out on the board. It was pretty easy. I'm thinking so far, so good. Last night "the girls" broke out the jig saw (Thanks to Robbie loaning it to me!) and started cutting it out. Yes, I used a saw. Can you believe it?? No instruction from anyone. I used a power tool!! I was super excited! Tiffany and Katrina, on the other hand, weren't as enthusiastic. First of all, we had to use cases of water as our saw horses because we don't have any real saw horses. Next, we had to keep the board from shifting while I cut, so Tiffany & Katrina held it from bouncing on me. I couldn't find safety goggles in Alex's tool box, so "the girls" truly looked like bank robbers holding the board. Tiffany had her sunglasses on and her shirt over her face and Katrina had her entire head down inside her shirt. WOW! We were super professional. I think we probably broke every safety rule there is. It was funny though and I happen to think we had a pretty good time! I almost couldn't concentrate on what I was doing because I was laughing at them so much. It was definitely a Kodak moment.

I'm not done with the headboard yet, but I am well on my way. I have a big portion of it cut out. It is just a lot of cutting and it started getting late. I can't wait to finish it, sand the edges and get started on the painting. It is going to be so cute!!! I'll definitely post pictures when its done. Stay tuned.....

No comments: