Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A busy week....

This week has been absolutely insane. We've had one thing going on after another and I've not managed to blog any. So, you are about to get a ton of stuff all in one. LOL
Tuesday, Maddie had to go for her 2 year old check up. She weighed in at 24 pounds 8 ounces and 34 1/2 inches tall. Based on the growth chart, she is in the 25th percentile for weight and 76th for height. Basically, that means (according to the dr) that she is going to be super tall and skinny. YEAH!
After going to the doctor, the kids and I did a little shopping and met Alex for some mexican food for lunch. He took the kids home and let me go do a little more shopping ALL ALONE!!!!! I was very excited. It is always nice to get out of the car all alone and cruise around the store with NO CHILD distractions!!! Thanks Alex.
Wednesday, WOW! I'm not sure there is any other word for it. The kids and I loaded up early to get out of the house in order for the cleaning ladies to come. We headed for the pool at Jimmy Floyd only to arrive, knowing that it is raining and we could use the indoor pool, only to be told they closed it too. Oh no, I've just unloaded two toddlers in the pouring down rain only to have to turn around and go back out in it. I was so drenched when I finally got us all loaded back up that it looked like I had literally gotten in the pool fully clothed. I was dripping water down my back because my hair was so wet and I had nothing left dry to dry it off. Yes, it was starting out to be a great day! The kids don't understand why we're not going swimming inside and the cleaning ladies are going to be even more excited when they see us walking back in the door. What are we going to do???? We managed to find some stuff to do and thankfully the rained stopped enough to take them outside, but wow... it was a very interesting morning at the Perry's house.
Thursday, we had the Reed's over. Katrina and I tackled Maddie's room. We got the headboard ready to be put on the frame, even though it still needs a little tweeking... it is assembled. We also got some stuff on the walls, the rocking chair in and I painted a little quote on the wall. It was finally starting to look cute! I have a little more I still want to do, but it is coming together. Maybe this week some time I can get it finished & then I'll post some pictures!

This is Maddie opening her present from Kaleb. She literally took this same cup set out of the bag at least 3 times and was more and more excited each time. WOW! Doesn't take much for a kid!!!

Ashton, Maddie & Kaleb all riding in the driveway in Maddie's new jeep. Kaleb was super excited about Maddie's jeep. Maybe even more so than she was. LOL.

Saturday, we had Maddie's 2nd birthday party at our house. We kept it fairly small. It was mostly family with a few of our really good friends that Maddie plays with most. It was a princess theme and I decked Maddie out for the festivities as you can see below.

For anyone that knows me very well, knows that I AM NOT a girlie girl, so this was a huge stretch for me. I am trying really hard to give Maddie more girlie things even though they aren't my favorite.

The birthday party went great. We had BBQ and hot dogs with all the sides, followed by some cake, cupcakes and ice cream. It was nice! Maddie was surrounded by lots of people that love her. She got tons of clothes and books and was super excited opening her presents! The kids all got to play outside on the trampoline and our little bouncy thing. They also ran around the yard and played on the swingset. It was HOT, but the kids didn't seem to care one bit. The men didn't seem to mind too much either. They got a cornhole game going and they stayed outside probably longer than the kids did. I think everyone had a nice time and we were glad!!

No comments: