Monday, August 1, 2011

We have a 1st Grader!!!!



Today, Ashton started 1st grade! He got up and got ready without any problems, which isn't always the case for our little boy! He is just like his daddy and doesn't like to get up quickly and moving in the mornings. I was very happy that he was a trooper this morning! It makes for a much better start to the day for us all!

He asked for a new backpack this year. He wanted a messenger bag instead of the backpack he carried last year. So, a couple fo weeks ago I found this one and he loved it. It was so weighed down with supplies this morning that he barely managed to hold it long enough for a picture. LOL


Ashton got Mrs. Jennings this year and we're excited about it being a good year. She is a huge Preds fan, which makes it all the better for the Perry family! Ashton was greeted by several of his friends this morning, whom also have Mrs. Jennings so we were thrilled about that. When I picked him up today, he told me that "today was the best first day ever!" I was ecstatic to hear it! He was a little quieter than normal this morning, so I wasn't sure what to expect this afternoon. I'm so glad that he had a great first day and is looking forward to going back tomorrow! YAY!!!!!


No comments: