Sunday, June 26, 2011

Addison is FOUR

Its hard to believe Addison is already four! I can remember the day she was born and going back and forth to the hospital to check on Casey in the pouring down rain. Why I remember that, I'm not sure but almost every time it rains and I come home, I think about how hard it was raining that day and how many wrecks I saw on the one curve right before you turn in our neighborhood. Its weird!

Yesterday, the kids and I went to Casey's to celebrate Addison's birthday. She was so excited when she woke up because it was party day. The girls discussed her party almost the entire drive down there (which is almost two hours for those of you that don't know).

Casey did a candyland theme for the party and she did a great job! The kids had so much fun making crowns, playing on the slipe and slide, in the pool, riding toys, running around the backyard and playing corn hole. It was crazy but they all seemed to be enjoying it. The kids couldn't wait for cupcakes, so we brought them all otuside and sang to Addison. She wasn't really thrilled but managed to hang in there for a picture! Once the kids finished up, Casey broke out the next bit of fun. My dad, Papa E to Addison, Brandon (Casey's husband) and my brother, Baron were the ones chosen to allow kids to line up and put "pie" in their faces. The pie was actually just pie pans full of cool whip, but still messy and eventually burning to the eyes! Casey lined the kids up in three lines and her and two of the other moms filled the pans, spun the kids around a little and sent them on their way. The guys were troopers and the kids loved it. Here is a couple of pictures.



Addison went a couple of times, but on this one she chose to go for Papa EAshton got Baron


After all the kids were done, the war turned to Casey, Papa E, Brandon and Baron. They chased Casey around the yard and eventually she came back looking like this! It was comical to watch for sure.


As usual, I took a hundred pictures, but here are just a few more I got of Ashton and Maddie having fun. I love this girl!!!!! She is so darn cute and loves to have her picture made, as you can probably tell! Ashton enjoyed playing corn hole. Here he is playing with my niece, Emily.



The party was great and we were glad we got to go and spend some time with the Romers! Hopefully we will get to do it again before Dax's birthday! We will see.......

No comments: