Sunday, June 5, 2011

Vacation.... Flagler Beach

Before we had kids, Alex and I liked to just go places on the spur of a moment. Once our family began, we pretty much haulted that. Its a little harder with two extra people to pack up. Some times I miss those days, but then I'm reminded how fortune I am to have two wonderful children and how much fun we have with them.
Two weeks ago, Alex called me from work on Monday morning and said, "Hey, I was thinking we'd take the kids somewhere next week." I kind of laughed and then quickly realized as he starts naming options that he wasn't kidding. I was later on the phone with Katrina telling her about his crazy idea and she immediately said, "Come with us next week to Disney!!". I laughed AGAIN. No way were we going to Disney on a wem!! Well, guess what?!?! Off to Disney we would go!

Saturday morning, we loaded up and headed south. The kids were PERFECT on the way down!!!!!! We only got asked five times "How much longer??" and I have to say, that isn't bad at all. We stopped a few times for food and gas and made it just south of St Augistine, FL and spent the night in the Palm Coast area just ten minutes from the beach. Sunday morning, we got up and spent several hours on the beach with the kids.

I love these two cuties!!!

When we first got to the beach, Maddie noticed the orange speckles in the sand. She as seriously as can be asked, "Is this Orange Beach???", which is where we normally take them in the fall. Alex and I couldn't do anything but laugh. She had a good point and it was pretty cute!
For some reason, Ashton finds it necessary EVERY TIME we go to the beach to chase the birds. Alex and I were discussing as we watched him that we will one day put them all together year after year and show them to him. Its funny the things kids do without any prompting.

As Ashton chased the birds, Maddie sat down and made herself a big "mohawk" in the sand as she called it.


This is our surfer boy! He did a great job! I couldn't believe it. Last time we went to the beach, they weren't as comfortable with the water. This year, it was wild how different it was. It was wonderful!!!

No comments: