Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bad Day turned Good Day

Saturday started out to be a little bit of a rough day. It seemed like everything that could possibly go wrong was indeed going wrong. I over slept, which always starts the day out bad. I absolutely HATE to be rushed. Yet that is exactly what I was, rushed! After getting all our stuff ready, we loaded up to head over to help out for the service project with the women's ministry. Tiffany, a friend of mine, and I went together along with Ashton. He was so excited about going to play with his friends. However, we turn on to the road where the house is located and I suddenly got a very sick feeling in my stomach. I turned to Tiffany and said "if this has been canceled and no one called us, I will probably cry." Tiffany just kind of laughed. Well, that is exactly what happened. I go inside and talk with the ladies there and no one knew why we hadn't been called. I was devastated!! I had been so excited about this project and we'd done a lot in preparation for it. We'd gotten all these ladies lined up to work, food donated to feed the volunteers, and now our project had been canceled with no knowledge. UUGGHHH!!!!! Hopefully, we will be able to reschedule!

After lunch, Tiffany, Andrea and I practiced for a "performance" we're doing for our church in about a month. It went really well. This was my second practice and I was thrilled to have it better under my belt. Andrea picked up on it VERY fast and did great! Tiffany is a wonderful teacher!!!!!

The night ended with a big group coming over for a cookout. It was tons of fun for the kids and adults. We played the infamous corn hole and some kid football. Andrea stepped up to the plate and manned the grill for us. She whipped us up some great burgers and dogs. Thanks Andrea!! If the men hadn't been so in to their corn hole game, we might have had some help for ya. LOL. I think it's safe to say that everyone had a good time and we'll be doing it again soon!!

No comments: