Saturday, June 7, 2008

Night Out

Last night, Alex and I got out of the house without the kids. YEAH! It was a much needed night out and despite a few mishaps, it was a lot of fun! We joined some friends for dinner then headed over to do a little bowling. I started my bowling game out with a bang. My first time up to bowl I stumbled over my own feet and I went down! Not only did I fall, but then I proceeded to slide down the lane several feet. Yes, I know you are getting a visual and laughing. That is fine. You can't be laughing any harder than we all were. I was laughing myself to the point of not being able to get up. After an announcement over the intercom about no falling allowed, Alex decided to come help me up out of the oil I was sitting in. It was a great ice breaker to say the least! I would like to add that after several games, I lost to Erik. Yes, I will admit that I lost and he won.

After bowling, Kevin and Tiffany had to head home. Kevin has been working a lot of overtime this week and had to go back in this morning for more, so he needed some sleep. The rest of us went to our house to play some Golf. This is the card game that I've beat Erik at a couple of times now. Well, last night just wasn't my night. Not only did I loose to him at bowling, but I also lost to him at cards. He's feeling pretty good right now. "God loves him...." as he told me.

2 comments:

Erik Reed said...

That's right...admit your defeat with pride!

Your description of the bowling alley "incident" wasn't nearly as good as the actual event iteself..just being honest! :-)

Unknown said...

That is too funny!

Lisa