Thursday, June 19, 2008

Craziness & Excitement all in One!!

It has been a crazy few days in our house. Tuesday, Alex arranged for us to have some time just for the two of us. He made plans for Grammy to watch the kids and we went for a workout, got me a manicure (YEAH!!!!) and then had some dinner. It was much needed and very much appreciated!!!! Way to go Alex!! You got some "grace points" for that one for sure. LOL.

Wednesday turned out to be a great day all the way around. We started out the day joining a group of moms from church at Pump It Up for some fun. It was our pleasure to get to take two of the children staying at the Brooks House with us. It was a great time for everyone!! All 16 of us had lunch at Sir Pizza and boy did we have a great server. That guy was very patient for there to be 12 children with us. WOW!! Last time we went, there wasn't even that many of us and they asked if we were a daycare. LOL!!

Later that afternoon, I got to spend some time with a couple of girlfriends. We played around in the kitchen making some snacks for our women's bible study. It was fun just to hang out and play around. No stress! Just fun!!!!

We had 9 women show up for our study. We're doing an Angela Thomas video series. I have to admit the first night was not impressive for me, but this second one was much better. I'm hoping that it continues to be good and I learn a lot from it. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Thursday was a great day as well. We had a couple of friends over to play. Later on in the afternoon, Miss Hannah came over to play. We're hoping to start using her from time to time to keep the kids so that Alex and I can get out. Maddie some times has a hard time warming up to people, so I wanted Hannah to have an opportunity to play with her before I just turned her loose to watch them on her own. It went great!!!! Maddie loves Miss Hannah and Ashton did too. I asked Maddie before bed if she had fun playing with Miss Hannah and she said yes. I then asked if she wanted her to come back and play and she said yes again and "I not cry", which anyone that knows her knows that is big. Normally if she doesn't feel good about something she will say, "I cry". Looks like we've got a winner with Miss Hannah! YEAH for Mommy & Daddy!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We need to borrow her! We will miss you tonight!

Lisa