Friday, June 27, 2008

Date Night

I'm super excited today because Alex and I are getting out tonight for dinner with no kids. Its been a while since we've done that and it is much needed. We've been blessed to find Miss Hannah. She is eager to babysit and the kids seem excited that she is coming over tonight. I really hope that Maddie doesn't cry on her and that is goes smoothly. I'm going to be praying for that all day! Feel free to say a little prayer for us if you'd like. We will need all we can get. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Tomorrow, I'm excited to be apart of The Journey Women's Ministry service project. We are volunteering our help at the Brooks House. We're going to be cleaning, taking care of lunch (for the volunteers building a fence and women and children that are staying there) and helping to organize and do any other things they need us to. I think it is a great cause and I'm thrilled to be apart of it. I would like to throw some praise out to Jersey Mike's and also Heavenly Ham here in Lebanon. Both places were gracious enough to donate sandwich trays to help feed all these volunteers tomorrow. They were both very kind and it didn't take any begging to get them to donate. Subway, on the other hand, hasn't been so gracious. Out of 6, yes 6, Subway locations in Lebanon, not one was willing to do anything. I was disappointed. That is one of my favorite places to eat and I was bummed that they weren't willing to help out at all. Jersey Mike's will have to become my new favorite!!

No comments: