Monday, June 2, 2008

Fun Filled Weekend

We had a super busy and fun filled weekend around here!! Friday, the kids and I joined our friends Jamie, Trace, Ansley, Jack, Katrina and Kaleb at Pump it Up. The kids had a great time! Of course, I was beat afterwards!! If you've ever been you totally understand why. Ashton is pretty good about being able to do it on his own, but Maddie still needs some help climbing through some of the obstacle courses.

After getting all worn out there, we took all the kids to Sir Pizza for the buffet. Can you believe the lady asked me if we were a daycare?! I laughed and just said "No, we are just three stay at home moms with all our kids." Pretty funny, huh?!

Friday night we hung out at home with some friends. We enjoyed a cook out and lots of playing around. The kids got outside and had a ton of fun. We hooked the garden hose up to the sprinker and put it under the trampoline for them to jump around and cool off. THEY LOVED IT!!!! Oh, and not to rub it in anyone's face, but.... Alex and I learned how to play a new card game and I have to say.... I was pretty good for a first timer. Yes, the first game we can chalk up to beginner's luck, but I also did better than Erik the second game too. So, I think he might just need to admit that I could be better at Golf than he is.... LOL.

Saturday, Alex was SUPER DAD! He took the kids swimming and gave me the day to myself. I got out almost all day to do some shopping!! It was wonderful. I needed to take care of several things and I got to get it all and then some done. I also had some lunch with a couple of girls from church and really enjoyed that. Later that afternoon, some friends from church that live in our neighborhood came down and let the kids play and then we went for some dinner. It was a busy, but great day with friends!

Sunday, WOW!! Another amazing day at The Journey. Erik's sermon was awesome! Every week he impresses me with how he gets his message across in such a way that everyone can relate and apply it to their lives. At the 9am service, we had two baptisms. It was great! One of them is a girl I've just barely gotten to know, but her baptism touched me in a big way. I was so moved by the amount of love and support she had from her family and friends. It has to be a great feeling to have that in such an important time in her life. What a blessing!!!

At the 11 am service, an old family friend of Alex's was being baptized with her daughter and nephew, so Alex stayed to be there and show her support. I was so glad he got to be there and yet after he got home to tell me about how much more had happened, I wish I could've been there too. FOUR, yes four more people came forward during that service to be baptized as well. It is awesome to see what God is doing at The Journey!! So many lives are being changed. It is exactly what Erik has been talking about.... A Jesus Movement.

No comments: