Thursday, June 5, 2008

Wonderful Wednesday

We had a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY at the Perry house!!! It was a day filled with MANY, MANY activities and some firsts for Ashton & Maddie. To start the day out, we had two of my stay at home mom friends over to play with their kids. The kids got to play in our little pools and water table, jump on the trampoline with the sprinkler going under it, color the driveway with sidewalk chalk, ride bikes and blow bubbles. It was a ton of fun! It was non-stop fun. I think they only break they took was to scarf down a little pizza and then it was right back to it. Shanna and her two kids played until almost one and then they headed home for naps.


Maddie took a short nap, while Kaleb, Katrina and Ashton did a puzzle. After about an hour of resting for her and puzzles for the boys, it was time for a FAST snack then they were off again. As you can see below, they loved jumping on the trampoline with the sprinkler going underneath. I think it helped having that water to cooling them off!

They were so funny and cute on there!



Maddie got to experience a first yesterday. Her first Pony Tail!! Isn't it cute?! Yes, I know that she needs some more length in the front and top, but hey.... we were trying to cool her off. I think she liked it too!! Here is her "showing" it to us!





Ashton, on the other hand, got to go fishing with Erik, Kaleb, Daddy and the church youth. It was Ashton's first time fishing. He got to FINALLY use the spiderman fishing pole that his uncle Brandon and aunt Courtney gave him for his birthday last year.
I asked him if he enjoyed it and he sadly said, "yea, but I didn't catch a fish." I explained to him that you didn't always catch one and maybe he would next time.


Wednesday night was our bi-weekly ladies bible study at our house and we started a new teaching series. It is called "Beautiful Offerings" and I'm eager to see what is to come for next time. This week was just a basic introduction. I'll keep you posted on how it turns out.
To wrap the night up, some friends of ours hung out and played some more cards. If you've read my previous blog then you know that Erik seemed to think that I only had some beginners luck and that was going to end the next time we played. Well, I hate to be the one to say it, but I beat him AGAIN last night. It came down to the final round and he was determined he would win, but he was unable to succeed. I will admit it was VERY close and I only beat him by 1 point, but a win is a win!!! Sorry Erik! Maybe next time... LOL.

No comments: